- In addition to the combination of satellite and wireless technologies (as in Toll Collect), other technologies can be "docked" to the platform, for example, booking systems for electronic vignettes or provider-specific value-added services.
Value-added services (examples):
- Electronic tracking and tracing as a basic service for logistics applications
- Emissions Modeling System (EMS) for analyzing emissions from individual vehicles
- Local communities can use EMS to create emission maps, for developing an integrated approach to traffic management or for levying CO2 fees
- Municipal transportation or service authorities can use the platform for planning and optimizing routes
- Tracking of hazardous material transports
- Management of inner-city delivery transports