Video conferencing enables teamwork
T-Systems implemented state-of-the-art video conferencing for Areva, the global leader in nuclear energy. This means better international teamwork, both within and beyond enterprise boundaries.
Collaboration across multiple sites, within or between countries and companies, is all in a day’s work for French-German nuclear energy player Areva NP. Engineers at Areva’s German subsidiary regularly contribute to major international projects, for example in Finland, France and China. Project participants need to get in touch on a daily basis to discuss progress and make key decisions. To this end, Areva has been using dedicated multimedia conferencing areas at its German sites since 2005. Video-conferencing technology enables employees to contact colleagues, business partners and customers around the globe, without the time and expense of travelling.
Reduced travel costs, faster decision-making and better teamwork
Areva’s experience shows: the easier video-conferencing systems are to operate, and the more reliable the technology, the higher the acceptance among users. T-Systems provides the entire telecommunications infrastructure, and manages all audio, video and other components at the company’s sites. By making extensive use of this end-to-end system, Areva has slashed travel costs. What’s more, video conferences speed up decision-making and strengthen collaboration among project team members. Secure IP connections will enable engineers to dial into video conferencing systems while on the move, or at construction sites, for example.
More about Areva NP GmbH customer reference
- Global nuclear energy leader
- Develops, builds, maintains and modernizes nuclear power plants
- Posted revenues in fiscal 2009 of approximately 3.7 billion euros
- Over 18,000 employees, including 5,700 in Erlangen and Offenbach, Germany
- Geographically dispersed project teams need to make decisions on a daily basis
- Multimedia conferencing to offer a viable substitute for time-consuming and costly business trips
- Ease of operation is pivotal for gaining high user acceptance
- Provider to implement and manage all components, plus telecommunications infrastructure
- One-stop solution: passive cabling, active switching technology, telecommunications infrastructure, own HVAC systems and power supply
- 36 video-conferencing systems available around-the-clock
- Transparent pricing model
- Entire solution managed on the basis of a secure corporate network
- Geographically dispersed project teams collaborate using video conferencing
- No need for travel-related delays and expense
- High user acceptance thanks to ease of use
- Simple administration and low operating costs
- More efficient use of available HR resources
- Faster decision-making processes