360-degree ICT services for retail
Consumers are becoming ever more demanding – both online and in-store, and retailers face new challenges virtually every day. And: The competition is often just a side street or a mouse click away.
Today’s bargain hunters expect high quality and a great shopping experience, all at a good price. And they leverage social media and mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs to find out quickly who can fulfill their wishes. Against this background, stores need to offer highly attractive incentives to buy, and blaze new trails with special offers. To rise to the task, store owners need streamlined, flexible ICT solutions.
New business models such as mobile and e-commerce are emerging. Google is entering the virtual retail space and Amazon is gaining a strong foothold. And legislation is continuously changing. This makes flexibility more critical than ever. To stay ahead of the game and manage their sales, product ranges, procurement, pricing and global stores competitively, retailers require effective ICT support.
Enhancing store operations
Businesses that manage their own, increasingly complex technical infrastructures face rising costs – at a time when margins are becoming ever tighter. But there is an alternative: an ICT service package with a central user help desk (UHD), and on-site support for wide area networks (WAN), local area networks (LAN) and all in-store hardware, in line with customer needs. A harmonized and consolidated ICT infrastructure and a transparent price-per-port model enable retailers to concentrate on their core business and cut costs. The comprehensive offering also covers the security and availability of IP networks, energy management, digital media and WLAN connectivity for customer apps.
Seamlessly integrated communication solutions
Integrating the point of sale with mobile devices provides customers with incentives to buy and increases loyalty in the long-term. And it enables shoppers to scan items with their smartphones, view information about products, and calculate the total cost of items in their basket. What’s more, they can pay with their cell phone – at the touch of a button, without having to stand in line.
Solutions for retail (selected)
- User help desk and on-site service at the POS for all ICT components (cash register systems, scales, chip and PIN machines, back-office components such as servers and in-store PCs, etc.), operated 24/7
- Secure and reliable, highly available store networks for voice and data, on the basis of future-proof concepts for WAN, LAN and IP VPN
- Rapid reporting on the basis of SAP BW (Business Warehouse) and HANA (high performance analytic appliance)
- Multi-channel concepts: integration of stores, mobile and e-commerce and social media
- Digital media at the POS
- Marketing and couponing campaigns and shopping and payment processes for mobile devices
- Improved processes and system landscapes for merchandise management
- Consulting, integration and operation of SAP for Retail, ERP Central Component (ECC 6.0/7.0)