"UDC as expert tool for the seamless integration of parts list and production data in the context of SAP"
In the automotive and manufacturing industry, major manufacturers and suppliers today use complex SAP IT landscapes that ensure maximum efficiency and flexibility for development, logistics, and production. The T-Systems Webinar explains the system transitions that occur along the product development process when using SAP and various PDM systems.
These transitions make it necessary, for example, to supply and convert parts lists within SAP and during import and export to SAP. Since this requirement does not only apply to one-time initial loading and conversion, but above all to permanent change supply, the Universal Data Converter (UDC) solution is exactly the right choice. The UDC enables the conversion of parts lists and process data between different systems and methods.
The UDC solution offers many functions that make it possible to map and adapt syntactics (data mapping) and above all semantics (interpretation of data contents and derivation of the associated business cases). These functions are examined in the webinar. Now, nothing stands in the way of successful documentation with SAP.
Highlights of the solution:
- Initial loading and change supply of master data
- Incremental change management taking history and time stamps into account
- Rule-based transfer of master data with attribute mapping and display of relationships between data objects (BOMs, change numbers, object dependencies, material masters, document info records, routings, ...)
- Synchronization and restructuring of development and production BOMs (bills of materials)
- Transfer of an existing master data logic into a new structure
Martin Buchthal has been a recognized process consultant in the field of BOMs and manufacturing master data processes for many years and has been working in SAP context for all German automotive OEMs as well as suppliers and machine builders for more than 15 years.