ROSA is a fully-managed, turnkey application platform that allows you to focus on delivering value to your customers by building and deploying applications. ROSA empowers you with all the functional benefits that Kubernetes offers you and much more.
Our ROSA service functions on two levels:
- Onboarding Consulting (focusing on AWS infrastructure and OpenShift expertise)
- Automated provisioning of OpenShift clusters using Terraform
Our ROSA consulting service is focused on:
The advanced element of our managed ROSA service primarily focuses on the following aspects:
- Support seamless integration into AWS native services and our AWS managed cloud service ecosystem (e.g., monitoring, audit logs, billing, and provisioning)
- Our consultancy power allows us to provide customers with value-added services. Key areas are security, networking, performance, and support of customer-specific requirements.
What are the benefits of ROSA?
Our service brings economic, compliance, and efficiency advantages, including:
- Cost - ROSA brings elasticity and pay-as-you-go pricing to Red Hat OpenShift through a new Red Hat subscription. It eliminates the need for complex, multi-year contracts and enables companies to tailor Red Hat OpenShift on AWS to their business needs.
- Simplicity - With ROSA, companies can now access a Red Hat OpenShift subscription with billing and support directly from AWS. This gives the simplicity of a single provider experience and frees organizations from the procurement and operational complexities associated with having two separate providers. In addition, cluster deployment is easily possible through API & CLI
- Compliance - ROSA meets important compliance guidelines, including SOC 2, ISO 27001, and PCI security standards.
- Quicker Time to Market – As an OpenShift managed by Red Hat, ROSA enables customers to easily change or add a specific application function because they don‘t have to consider other functions. This means effective DEVOPS and faster time-to-market.
ROSA – the roles and responsibilities
While Red Hat and Amazon Web Services (AWS) manage the Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS, T-Systems and the customer share certain responsibilities. The ROSA services are accessed remotely, created in customer-owned AWS accounts, hosted on public cloud resources, and have an underlying platform and data security that Red Hat owns. The customer, Red Hat, and AWS share responsibility for the monitoring and maintenance of a Red Hat OpenShift Service on the AWS cluster.
For a detailed overview of responsibilities for Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS, click here.
Adopting cloud-native applications is the key to business agility and success. And given that cloud-native applications like ROSA use reusable and discrete components, it accelerates the development and deployment process and speeds time-to-market. Moreover, as our ROSA consulting service is supported by our CKA certified professionals, we encourage our customers to adapt to microservices architecture, where the focus is on building new applications while also supporting the modernization of existing ones. All processes reflect best practices and are fully optimized for cloud computing and agility.