T-Systems International GmbH attaches great importance to protecting your personal data. We inform you what personal data we collect, how your data is used, and the options available to you.
1. Where can I find the information important to me?
This General Data Privacy Information provides an overview of the aspects that generally apply to the processing of your data by T-Systems International GmbH.
Additional information on data privacy in the group or associated with the use of our products, particularly regarding the intended purpose, deletion periods etc., can be found in the data privacy information for that particular product at www.telekom.com/en/corporate-responsibility/data-protection-data-security/data-protection
2. On what legal basis does T-Systems International GmbH process my data?
We process your data in line with the regulations of European and German data privacy laws (the regulations cited below refer to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), i.e. only to the extent that and insofar as
- it is necessary for performance of a contract with you or to carry out steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (Art. 6 sec. 1b GDPR) or
- you have given your consent to the processing of your data (Art. 6 sec. 1a GDPR) or
- processing is necessary in order to protect our own or third party legitimate interests. According to recital 47 GDPR “Such legitimate interest could exist for example where there is a relevant and appropriate relationship between the data subject and the controller in situations such as where the data subject is a client or in the service of the controller” or “…a data subject can reasonably expect at the time and in the context of the collection of the personal data that processing for that purpose may take place”. Furthermore, “The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest”, or
- e.g. in the following cases: to assert claims, to defend our interests in lawsuits, to recognize and eliminate misuse; to prevent and investigate criminal offenses; to ensure secure IT operations at Telekom; Art. 6 sec. 1f GDPR. or
- for compliance with legal requirements, e.g. the retention of documents for commercial and fiscal purposes (Article 6 sec. 1c GDPR), or where it is in the public interest (Article 6 sec. 1e GDPR).
3. What are my rights?
You have the right,
a) to demand information regarding the categories of data being processed, the purpose of processing, the recipients of the data, and the planned duration of data storage (Art. 15 GDPR);
b) to demand the rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete data (Art. 16 GDPR);
c) to withdraw your consent at any time with future effect (Art. 7 sec. 3 GDPR);
d) to object to data processing on the basis of a legitimate interest based on your particular situation (Art. 21 sec. 1 GDPR);
e) in specific cases as outlined in Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of data, particularly where the data is no longer necessary for the intended purposes, or was processed unlawfully, or you have withdrawn your consent in accordance with (c) above, or have objected to data processing in accordance with (d) above;
f) under certain circumstances, to demand the restriction of data processing, to the extent that erasure is not possible, or the obligation to erase data is disputed (Art. 18 GDPR);
g) to data portability, i.e. you may receive your disclosed data in a commonly used, machine-readable format, such as CSV, and where applicable, transmit it to others (Art. 20 GDPR)
h) to complain to the competent supervisory authority (for telecommunications contracts: the Federal Officer for Data Privacy and Freedom of Information; in other cases: the North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (LDI NRW).
4. Will my data be used for advertising or market research purposes?
We will use your personal data for advertising or market research purposes if you have given your consent or the lawfulness of the use can be established within the scope of a legitimate interest of T-Systems International GmbH; you may withdraw your consent at any time for the future. The opportunity of withdrawing your consent is also pointed out to you when we obtain it.
Alternative provisions apply when you are online, so when you are surfing our website or using our apps. Information on the relevant provisions can be found in the data privacy information for the respective online services.
5. Is the usage behaviour evaluated?
6. Who does T-Systems International GmbH share my data with?
To so-called order processors, which are companies that we commission with the processing of data within the scope provided by law, Art. 28 GDPR (service providers, vicarious agents). In this case, T-Systems International GmbH remains responsible for the protection of your data. We commission companies in the following areas in particular: IT, sales, marketing, finance, consulting, customer service, human resources, logistics, printing.
To cooperation partners who provide services for you or in connection with your T-Systems contract on their own responsibility. This is the case if you order the services of such partners from us or if you consent to the involvement of the partner or if we involve the partner on the basis of legal permission.
Due to legal obligation: In certain cases, we are legally obliged to transmit certain data to the requesting government agency.
7. Where is my data processed?
Your data is processed in Germany and in other European countries. If, in exceptional cases, your data is also processed in countries outside the European Union (in so-called third countries), this will take place,
a) insofar as you have expressly consented to this (Art. 49 para. 1a GDPR). (In most countries outside the EU, the level of data privacy does not meet EU standards. This applies in particular to comprehensive monitoring and control rights of state authorities, e.g. in the USA, which disproportionately interfere with the data privacy of European citizens,
b) or insofar as it is necessary for our provision of services to you (Art. 49 para. 1b GDPR),
c) or insofar as it is provided for by law (Art. 6 para. 1c GDPR).
In addition, your data will only be processed in third countries if certain measures ensure that an adequate level of data privacy exists (e.g. adequacy decision of the EU Commission or so-called suitable guarantees, Art. 44ff GDPR).
8. Where can I find further information regarding data protection at T-Systems International GmbH?
Further data protection information is available at www.t-systems.com/de/en/data-privacy
9. Who is responsible for data processing? Who should I contact if I have any queries regarding data privacy at T-Systems International GmbH?
The controller is T-Systems International GmbH, Hahnstraße 43d, D-60528 Frankfurt am Main. If you have any queries, please contact our Customer Services department or our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Claus D. Ulmer, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, 53113 Bonn, email@example.com
This translation is intended solely for informational purposes; the original German text shall be legally binding.
Status: February 1, 2021